- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.ZOSg03mN.dpuf Katie Nugent Photography: Momma Feature- Liane | Kelowna Mother's Day photo sessions

4/25/14

Momma Feature- Liane | Kelowna Mother's Day photo sessions

If you've been hanging around this blog over the last little bit, you have most definitely stumbled across the amazing Liane of Swheatgrass Organic Wheatgrass. This amazing, hard working mom has built up an incredible business with her husband, all while staying true to herself and her kids. You may have seen her two kiddos on the Munchkins and Lovies post. Here to chat about motherhood from her viewpoint, is Liane:

First off tell me about your munchkins (age, stats, awesomeness):
Ruby is almost 8 going on 14. She was a 9 pound baby- came into the world strong and beautiful and that is who she is today . She loves art, fashion, Taylor Swift and she dreams of joining the wrestling team in high school. She's crazy strong but her heart is all girl- sensitive and sweet.
Ryder on the other hand is small but full of courage. He'll be 6 at the end of the month. He's a daredevil like his dad and his extreme tricks in the playground at school have gotten him in too many accidents to name including a trip to emerge. It's his first year of school and the principal has called us so often to report the latest recess injury that I am pretty sure our number is on speed dial by now.
What's the most surprising thing you've discovered about motherhood? How much I can love. How much I admire my own mother.

What's your go to trick when all else fails and everything is falling apart? Laughter. My kids love to laugh! I can divert any situation by getting the giggles going..and when one starts, they both can't stop.

How do you relax at the end of the day? I spend time in lego city(corner of the livingroom) or at Ruby's cafe.

Do you have any family rituals you've incorporated into family time? My favorite family time growing up was our summers at the cottage. Free of any distractions, influences...really living in the moment and as a family. I am proud to say we now raise our kids in a cottage-like setting(the sticks far from town) You won't catch us rushing to dance or hockey or any other activities that glorify a busy childhood. Our family moments are simple and sweet. We stack firewood together, walk to the beach every night for our after dinner swim and often dinner is had around the campfire in our very own yard. Yes, the drive to town can seem long at times, but the kids and I have had our best heart to hearts during these long drives. The sports we encourage right now with the kids are the ones we can do as a four pack like skiing and paddle board missions.


What's your go to beauty routine? A braid and a hat

What's your go to, need to throw clothes on and get out the door, wardrobe staple? Right now it's my Blundstones with wool socks. and if I can't find those boots, rubber boots are my second faves.

What's the best advice you received as a new mom? Don't sweat the small stuff but relish in the simple sweet moments.

How do you balance your life/work and life as a mom? It's a work in progress. I learn a lot by watching my own mom with my kids- how to be really present in that moment. I continually work on grounding myself and try to wash away any thought of work while being/playing with the kids. I am a morning person so getting up one to two hours before the kids is my most productive time. By the time the kids are up, I feel I have accomplished something and the morning can be all about them.

What are your favourite mommy-time rituals? Bedtime snuggles that lead to bedtime giggles.

Anything else you'd share about being a mom? Don't go to bed feeling the mom-guilt. Tomorrow is a brand new day to be the best mom you can be. My mom always said she did the best she knew how to do at the time.


Thank you Liane! Isn't she amazing?!?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...