- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.ZOSg03mN.dpuf Katie Nugent Photography: If I could I would...

7/20/09

If I could I would...

There's three forest fires raging all around the west side of town. It's smoky and sad and there's a feeling of frenzy ripping through the city, making it seem impossible to go on with life as though nothing were happening.

And yet, people are still carrying on. Getting their groceries, playing at the beach, life just keeps going while 10,000 people are on evacuation notice. It seems a little weird. A little detached. Like those commercials about global warming, where the family is out camping while a forest fire rages around them. But in times of crisis I guess we hold onto what we know and the beach, the groceries, the driving, the chatting, it's what we know. 

But in times like these I like to think about all the things I still want to do, see and try. Rather than get caught up in the hamster wheel, I like to try to bust free with thoughts of what else? 

So here's my list of things to do, see, try:

Visit here before my heart bursts from longing:


Get back to this since I quit after I sprained my ankle 7 years ago:


mine
Buy one of these and go anywhere it takes me:


Fill more of these, since I seem to forget how to write: 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...