- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.ZOSg03mN.dpuf Katie Nugent Photography: Beaton

2/7/08

Beaton

It's a funny thing packing your life in a box and moving out of a place you once called home. It can be down right disturbing once you move the furniture and clear out the cupboards. After all this is where all those nasty, grimmy, dust bunnies like to hide, away from the everyday vacuum, mop and feather duster-- not that I actually use a feather duster but anyway...
I have to say I was having some issues with the whole moving out situation. There, hidden in the darkest, dankest corners of our tiny condo, was a build up of filth which I feel could have been implanted by someone trying to screw with little ol' me. I'm a clean gal. I scrub. I vacuum. So where the hell did all this nastiness come from? Not to worry. I went to work on all those trouble spots, blasting those bastards into oblivion. And it wasn't easy. My arms yelled about the torture for days, but alas the condo was cleaned. I was sure that was why I had been feeling frustrated and annoyed. I thought once the condo was cleaned I would be feeling excited about this move to Beaton, BC. Don't know where that is? I'm not surprised. But amazingly it is on the BC map. Look for it.
However, once we'd vacated and our tenant had moved in, excitement was not mine to be had. I thought if I scrubbed hard enough, if I filled all the holes in the walls and cleaned out the fridge, i thought I might feel ready to take the plunge into a completely different lifestyle than the one we currently live in. But let me tell you, I was wrong. The bad feelings got worse as the moving date got closer.
Yep. I'm still terrifed with about moving. I mean really, it's not like I haven't spent the last 6 years of my life hopping from place to place, life to life. But this, this just seems so-- uncertain. This is totally out of my league.
Sure it all sounded fabulous when we were planning the great adventure of 2008. But planning and doing are two completely different things and I'm not sure I really thought this one through.
You can't blame me for being difficult, can you? There are a lot of unknowns out there-- like for instance where am I going to pee at four in the morning? Am I destined to have bad hair the entire time we live there, because we don't have the power to run a blowdryer? What is going to happen if we run out of food and our car won't start? I've got more, some many more worries like what will I do to stay lucid and how will I avoid murdering my husband? Will I become a crazed mountain woman who talks to the trees and gets skiddish around people?
So my dear friends, this is my way of keeping sane. This little blog will be my escape and I want you all to stay in touch with me.
I'll post pretty pictures and I might have the odd insightful thing to say about this experience. But what this is really about is for you all to keep tabs on my sanity and make sure I'm not starting to sound like I've crossed over to the looney bin side. I know normally I'm walking a pretty tight line, so you've got to keep up with me here.
Anyways-- enjoy my adventure-- I hope I will.
xxx kt

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

where will you get the internet from? and i am glad you are back

shane

katie said...

The hotel in Trout Lake. Excellent question.
I'm glad to be back too.

Anonymous said...

so why are you guys there?

It looks like you´re right next door to Mr Eastabrook, say hello if you meet him.

Sno

Anonymous said...

In answer to the question "where will I pee at 4AM on a freezing cold night"...Have I got something for you! It's a truly heritage, family antique bedpan and when I brought it home from the farm I knew that someday someone would be in need of it. And guess what..it's today and it's you. I'll dust it off and have it waiting for you.
Big Momma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...